Mrs. Grant- Room 101

It's day 2 of the 2014 Back to School Blog Hoppin' Week! And today is all about "Where you teach."
 
Since we just went back to school yesterday my room is still pretty much a mess, so this will be a very quick look at some of the things in my room. I will post a classroom tour on Friday once it's all done.
 
Last year I changed my theme to Dr. Seuss, and I loved it....for that year, and then I quickly realized it takes a lot to commit to a "theme." While I still love all my Dr. Seuss stuff I decided to change it up a bit and go with more of a color scheme than theme. I basically gave my classroom a face lift. =)
 
Last year this bulletin had truffula trees and a Dr. Seuss quote on it. It was really cute, but my 3-dimensional truffula trees did not want to stay on the wall. Every morning I would have to come in and re-hang them. It was a true pain in the behind! So this year I decided to stick with the a quote and this is one of my favorites by Rita Pierson. I plan to start off everyday by having my students repeat this quote during our morning meeting. I hope that after saying it all year it will stick with them. Some of our precious babies really need to be reminded of this!
 
 
AR is a big thing at our school and we push it very hard! I got this idea from Amy Lemons, and since this wasn't an item in her TpT store I did my best to re-create it. Each time one of my students reach an AR goal I will have them sign there name one the correct points board.
 
This is another bulletin in my room. It is above my computer table so the computers cover up a lot of the board so I thought another fun quote would be a good way to dress it up.
 
And after working another 9 1/2 day this is all I was able to get pictures of. The bigger classroom reveal will come later this week. Hope you enjoyed this little sneak peak.
 
Make sure to stop by Blog Hoppin' to check out all the other fabulous ideas from great teacher bloggers! 





No comments:

Post a Comment