Organizing Queen (Sometimes)

Today is the 3rd day of the 2014 B2S Blog Hoppin' Week, and today is all about organization!


I am an organized person by nature. Yes, I am one of those people who say, "Everything has a place." I like any and all things to be organized BUT I will say this....I do have a junk drawer at home and sometimes when I'm a scramble I will shove everything into a closet until I have time to get it organized the way I want it.

*True Confession-I do have a storage closet at school that is in need of a little TLC, but who has time for that when your classroom looked completely upside down and orientation is tomorrow! =)

Here are just a few of my organizing tips:

I got these tubs from Walmart a couple years ago, and labeled them by subject. (I have also labeled them by the days of the week) I put all my copies for each subject in the tubs and it makes it really easy when I need to go grab something for the next lesson. Nothing fancy but helps me keep my copies organized.
These are some of my math manipulatives. Nothing fancy here either but I got these white containers at my favorite place The Dollar Tree, and just slapped on a simple label. This really helps during math small groups so students can easily access math materials.
 
Next up table baskets and tidy tubs. I'm not sure who the original creator is for Tidy Tubs, but if it is you THANKS! My sweet mentor shared this idea with my last year! =) I love these mini trash can Tidy Tubs. I got them from the Dollar Tree and this really helps keep traffic in the classroom at a minimum when we are cutting up paper etc. They have no need to get up and go to the trash can. I have one at each group table, and the table captain empties it when it is full.
  This is where I keep all my classroom supplies (crayons, rulers, glue, etc.) Basically just more baskets and labels. Are you noticing a trend here? =)
 
I spent 9 hours cleaning, organizing, and trying to get things ready for tomorrow. We have our Convocation tomorrow morning and orientation tomorrow afternoon and I still have a few things to get ready, but it will all come together =)
 
I'm super excited to meet my kiddo's tomorrow. (Some of them I had in Kindergarten and I am SO excited to have them again) It's going to be a GREAT year.
 
Leave me a comment and let me know your best organizing tips! I'd love to read them =)
 
Head on over to Blog Hoppin' to check out other great organizing tips =)
 
 
 

 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment